We CANNOT offer legal advice but CAN point you to helpful resources.
Here is an overview of some of the things we can and cannot do.
What We Can Do:
- Explain and answer questions about how the court works.
- Provide you with the phone number of the lawyer referral service, legal services program, and other services.
- Give you general information about the court rules, procedures, practices, and terms.
- Provide you with court forms and instructions that are available.
- Give you information about court deadlines, but we cannot compute court filing deadlines for you.
What We Cannot Do:
- Recommend whether you should file a case or what actions you should take.
- Tell you what words to use in your court papers or what to say in court.
- Research or interpret the law for you. For example, we cannot tell you how the law applies to your case.
- Give you an opinion about what will happen if you bring your case to court.
- Change an order signed by a judge.
Disclaimer. Nothing on this site should be considered legal advice. All content is provided for informational purposes only. It is up to each user to research and be informed about his or her legal issue. No information on this site can take the place of an attorney. If you have questions about contacting an attorney, please select "resources" from the menu. Links to external websites are not endorsements of those sites. Any such link is provided for informational purposes only.